HIATUS

The blog is on hiatus. 

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Keyshia Cole is my favorite singer, I usually love every song she sings.
I was amazed when I 1st heard this album. I really loved her debut album as well, but she has improved a lot since then. Her voice and her style has matured a lot, but she's still the same girl.
Let It Go, the 1st single off the album is a great upbeat song. At 1st I didn't like it that much, but it has grown on me. Didn't I Tell You is one of the best songs on this album. It's a great song, very rhythmic, a club banger, that should've been released as a single. Fallin' Out is one of my fave KC songs ever! It's so beautiful and cathy. I just love her voice on it and the melody of the song. I Remember is the "Love" of Just Like You. It's like "Love" on her 1st album. A beautiful, painful ballad. On the 2nd single, Shoulda Let You Go Keyshia introduces her best friend, Amina, who raps on the track. I was addicted to the track when I 1st heard it, but now it isn't my biggest favorite. But I still like it. The 4th single, Heaven Sent is a beautiful track as well.
Was It Worth It is one of the best KC tracks IMO. It reminds me of Alicia Keys. I could imagine it as a single as well.
Diddy's track, Last Night was my favorite song in late 2006 and in 2007. It's a great club song!
I really love the iTunes bonus track Trust. It's an amazing mid-tempo song, the sound of it is similar to Fallin' Out. It should've been an album track not just a bonus.
The international deluxe version of the album features the singles and the best track from KC's debut album "The Way It Is" and the original version of "Just Like You". That version is great for those, who aren't big KC fans, but want to get to know her.
I think every R&B fan must have this album!

My rating:
Your rating:



LISTEN

1 comments:

Mel said...

Great blog! I adore Keyshia Cole! Her voice is like butter, it just melts!

I don't know if you're real big into pop music or not, but there is this up and coming girl group trio called Candy Coated Chaos, and I help run their street team. I hope maybe you can check them out? You can listen to their music online at http://www.myspace.com/cccsound . You can let me know what you think at CCCStreetTeam@yahoo.com .

Post a Comment