HIATUS

The blog is on hiatus. 

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Last week I introduced Christina Chung, this talented and beautiful Asian-American pop/R&B singer-songwriter. [click here to read that post!]

I got in contact with her via myspace and e-mails, and we did a mini-interview. I asked her about her music and her plans for the future.
I hope you like the interview! If you haven't heard Christina's music yet, visit her myspace page! She's a very promising new artist.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

1. When and how did you find out that you are talented in singing and writing songs?

         There wasn’t one particular moment…I have always enjoyed singing and performing since I was a child. My family always talks about how I would grab the mic and refuse to get off stage (at age 4). Music became such a passion of mine that I finally decided to make it my career. I wrote my first full song in high school at a summer songwriting workshop. Singing and writing are crafts that I continuously hone and try to improve.

 

2. Who are your musical influences?

         I have so many musical influences…I grew up in a family of classical musicians. My father used to be in a rock/funk band in college, so he was one of the first musicians I looked up to.

         I listen to mostly hip-hop and R&B, ranging from Wu-Tang and Talib Kweli, to Aaliyah and Alicia Keys…and I’ll always hold old-school Mariah and Boyz II Men close to my heart. I also have Latin and Brazilian music on my iPod; it has a different kind of soul.

 

3. Are you planning to release a song from your EP as a single with a music video? I think every song on it are radio friendly especially "Ghost", that could be a big hit with good promotion!

 

         Hopefully a music video will be in the works this year, we’ll see depending on what opportunities arise in the next few months…when I make my first video I want to make sure it’s done right! Ghost is probably the strongest single, although every listener responds and relates to different songs on the EP.

 

4. Who are the artists and/or producers, that you'd really like to work together with?

         Timbaland and Danja are two of my favorite producers. It would be my dream to get in the studio with either of them and their writing team, The Clutch. Seven, who was featured on Making the Band, has a great sound that’s very forward thinking. I met him the other day randomly in Bloomingdale’s actually!

         I would love to collab with hip-hop artists – someone fun like Ludacris or someone legendary like Nas. Or do an updated “Boy is Mine” type of thing with a pop/R&B diva like Ciara. Go big or go home I guess!


5. Are you planning to release an album this year? If yes, tell me something about it! Who are you working together with on it, when will it be in stores? etc..

         Right now I’m on the promotion and marketing trail, but I’ll head back into the studio soon to make some hits. I don’t have a release date at this point for a full-length album because it will depend on what type of record deal comes my way. I plan to incorporate some cool collaborations and different types of production on it though! I’ll keep you posted on the progress =)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We at hiphophoney.com are a hip hop magazine and we are intrested in swapping hardlinks with a few good quality sites. In good faith yours will be up for a few days to give you a chance to give us a hard link back.
Look for your link on our link page
and or banner if wanted
http://www.hiphophoney.com/images/hip-hop-honey-468_60.jpg
Thank you God Bless
HipHopHoney.com Staff!
Also did you see our rapidly growing weekly alexa ranking?

Post a Comment