HIATUS

The blog is on hiatus. 

Thursday, July 24, 2008

I've just done an interview with my favorite new artist, Karina Pasian.

I've asked her about her upcoming debut album "First Love", about other artists and her future.
Two singles "16 @ War" (now she's 17 @ War :D, Happy Birhday!!) and "Can't Find The Words" are out now, and the album drops on August 19th!

If you haven't heard her music yet, make sure to check out her Official Site and MySpace page!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

1. I've read somewhere that you can sing in many languages, and I've just heard the Spanish version of "Slow Motion". I love songs in Spanish and I'd love to hear you sing your songs in different languages. Did you record any other songs in more languages, or are you planning to do it? "Can't Find The Words" in Spanish would be really hot!!
I can sing in 7 languages and I didn't record songs in other languages for this album but I plan on doing songs in other languages so that when I go overseas I can just sing songs to them in their language....I think that would be pretty cool....lol

2. Who are the artists/producers you've worked with on our debut album? And who do you want to work with in the future?
For this album I worked with The-Dream, Tricky Stewart, Ne-Yo, Lil Mama, Carlos McKinney, Gordon Chambers, Cool & Dre, Bryan Cox, Sean Garrett, Eric Hudson, Troy Taylor just a lot of great people....and as far as future artist I would love to work with Brandy, Rihanna, Beyonce, Stevie Wonder, and any dope rapper....maybe my brother....lol

3. Many people compare you to Alicia Keys and the say that you're the new Alicia. What do you think about it?
As far as being compared to Alicia Keys I don't take any offense to it, I mean the girl just went four times platinum so it doesn't bother me at all, I've gotten used to it and as a new artist coming out people are always going to compare you to someone...but at the same time I want people to get to know who Karina is and you definitely will on August 19th when my album First Love drops....

4. The majority of the songs we've heard from your debut album are ballads or mid-tempo, only "Baby Baby" is an uptempo track. Will be there more upbeat songs on the album, that people can dance to in the club?
Yea Yea....I have a song on my album called 90's Baby and its a up tempo song, its a real dope song the drums on it is crazy so look out for that as well, but I have a nice blend of songs I got up tempos, mid tempos, I got the infamous "Slow Motion" so its a well rounded CD....lol....Kids watch out ya parents might try to take ya copy....tell them to buy there own!!!...LOL

5. You're only 16 years old, and you'll be still young 10 years later. Where do you imagine yourself in 10 years?
Im 17 now....so in 10 years I will be 27...duh, But I picture myself as a multi platinum Grammy award winning artist, I plan to have an organization where I give back to countries such as the Dominican Republic which is where I am from, doing movies, making sure my business is good and start writing and producing my own music as well as get into the fashion world....I love accessories, so I plan to come out with a line of fashion jewelery and accessories....healthy and well and just making sure my family and everyone is straight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment